The Data Controller
ACL İstanbul Avukatlık Adi Ortaklığı (Ahmet Necip Arslan and Mahmut Sait Arslan) as the Data Controller processes your personal data in accordance with the conditions described below and in compliance with PDPL.
The Purpose of Personal Data Processing
In this website, we only process your name and e-mail address. We do so, only to be able to identify you among others who have commented on our content or to be able to correctly respond to those of you who have reached out to us through our contact forms.
The personal data that you share by filling in the contact forms will be destroyed one year after they have been submitted. As for the personal data that you share while commenting on our posts, this will be destroyed ten (10) years after they have been posted.
How We Gather Your Data and Our Legal Reasoning
Your personal data is collected through fully automated means, i.e. through the contact forms available on this website. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is explicit consent in accordance with the first paragraph of Article 5 of the PDPL. As such, if you do not use the contact form, your personal data is not processed in any way.
The Rights of the Data Owner
The data owner has the following rights as provided under PDPL Article 11:
- To learn whether the institution processes personal data,
- To request information about the personal data if their personal data has been processed,
- To learn why their personal data is being processed and to confirm their personal data being used in harmony with the purpose of processing declared by the data controller,
- To learn the parties their personal data is being shared with inside and outside the country,
- In the case of their personal data being partially or incorrectly processed, to request its rectification. (The data owner may also request these corrections to be communicated with the third parties the personal data has been shared with.)
- To ask for the deletion or removal of the personal data if the legal reasons for processing are no longer valid despite the processing having been valid under the law and other regulations when the personal data was processed. (The data owner may also request this deletion or removal of the personal data to be communicated with the third parties the personal data has been shared with.)
- To object if the personal data is being processed only through automatic systems and if the systems are processing the data in a way that adversely affects the data owner.
- To request indemnification for the damage suffered if the personal data is processed in conflict with the law.
The Method of the Application and Your Right to Request Information
If you have any questions about your personal data, you can contact ACL Istanbul Avukatlık Adi Ortaklığı.
Pursuant PDPL Article 13/1, to use the rights provided under Article 11 of the same law, you may send your request to the addresses provided below in writing or through your registered e-mail address (KEP) or the e-mail address you have previously submitted to and registered in our system. You can send your written applications to our “Altunizade Mahallesi, Okul Sokak, Altunizade Sitesi, 1-F-3, Altunizade, İstanbul, Türkiye” address, applications via registered e-mail address (KEP) to firstname.lastname@example.org, and applications via e-mail to email@example.com.
ACL Istanbul will respond to your request in 30 days, at the latest, free of charge. However, if your request bears an extra expense, we can request the expense according to the Expense Schedule determined by the Personal Data Protection Board. Also important to mention is that we will only be responding to the applications that relate to you individually. As such, applications concerning your spouse’s, relatives’ or friends’ data will not be taken into consideration.